What To Do: Smoke and Soot Cleanup
Smoke and Soot in Your Cape May or Cumberland County Property?
Smoke and soot is very invasive and can penetrate various cavities within your home or business, causing hidden damage and odor.
Our smoke damage expertise and experience allows us to inspect and accurately assess the extent of the damage to develop a comprehensive plan of action.
Smoke and Soot Facts:
- Hot smoke migrates to cooler areas and upper levels of a structure.
- Smoke flows around plumbing systems, seeping through the holes used by pipes to go from floor to floor.
- The type of smoke may greatly affect the restoration process.
Different Types of Smoke:
There are two different types of smoke–wet and dry. As a result, there are different types of soot residue after a fire. Before restoration begins, SERVPRO® of Cape May & Cumberland Counties will test the soot to determine which type of smoke damage occurred. The cleaning procedures will then be based on the information identified during pretesting.
Wet Smoke – Plastic and Rubber
- Low heat, smoldering, pungent odor, sticky, smeary. Smoke webs are more difficult to clean.
- Dry Smoke – Paper and Wood
- Fast burning, high temperatures, heat rises therefore smoke rises.
- Protein Fire Residue – Produced by evaporation of material rather than from a fire
- Virtually invisible, discolors paints and varnishes, extreme pungent odor.
Our Fire Damage Restoration Services
Since each smoke and fire damage situation is a little different, each one requires a unique solution tailored for the specific conditions. We have the equipment, expertise, and experience to restore your fire and smoke damage. We will also treat you with empathy and respect and treat your property with care.
Have Questions about Fire, Smoke, or Soot Damage? Call a Franchise Professional Today – 609-624-0202.
We serve Cape May, Ocean City, Wildwood and surrounding towns in Cape May County; as well as Vineland, Millville and Bridgeton and surrounding towns in Cumberland County.