It's Hurricane Season, Cape May County! Be Smart. Be Prepared.
BEFORE the storm hits, have an Emergency Supply Kit ready and an evacuation plan. Communicate with your family and offer to help your neighbors who may be elderly, disabled or living with small children.
Emergency Supply Kit List
- Water (one gallon per person per day
- Food (non-perishable, 3-day supply
- Manual can opener
- Battery powered radio, preferably a NOAA weather radio with tone alert and extra batteries
- Flashlight and batteries
- First aid kit
- Whistle to signal for help
- Dust masks or bandanas
- Plastic sheeting, garbage bags, and duct tape
- Wrench or pliers to turn off utilities
- Local maps
- Hygiene items
- Important documents such as copies of insurance policies, identification, and bank account information
- Cash - when there is no power, ATMs will not work
- Fire extinguisher
- Matches in a waterproof container
If you have storm damage to your home or property, call us ASAP at 609-624-0202. A timely response is key to minimizing secondary damages caused by a severe storm or hurricane.
Business Owners and Property Managers should ask about our Emergency Ready® Program.
Storm tips are provided by FEMA (Federal Emergency Management Agency). For more information on severe storms and other emergency situations, visit their website.